I did a post with my favorite summer polishes a few months ago that people seemed interested in, so I thought now that it’s fall (or almost fall, but I love it so I can’t wait) it’d be fun to show you my favorite fall nail polishes.
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Chop Chop Copper – First of all, I love how quickly this dries. It’s a really pretty bronze/copper color with pink and gold and green microglitter, which makes it really fun and interesting. I’m obsessed with copper during any time of the year, but I think it’s a very fall-appropriate color.
Maybelline Color Show in Gilded Rose – This has been featured on my blog before, because I can’t get enough of it. It looks great on its own and also worn over any color. It’s has gold shimmer with pink hexagon glitter.
Zoya Nail Polish in Anja – I love a deep red/burgundy/purple nail for fall, and this is the perfect shade.
Sinful Colors in What’s Your Name – This is more of a dramatic color, but fun around Halloween time. It’s black with blue shimmer, which gives it depth and a bit of playfulness when the light catches the nail.
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in Grey Area – I love nail polishes that are not as they first appear. This is a gray color, but with a hint of purple. I don’t know why, but it makes me long for cozy sweaters and a mug of hot chocolate.
What’s your go-to nail color for fall?
I like to paint my nails all year round, but there’s something about summer that makes me more excited to do so. I love picking out summery shades and even attempting some nail art if I’m feeling brave. 😉 I’ve put together my favorite summer nail polishes – some bold, some more muted – but they’re all fun and summery.
Sinful Colors in Island Coral – I love this brand as it’s really affordable, but the polishes are pretty good quality and last a decent amount of time without chipping. I know some color trends might come and go, but I always think that coral is perfect for summer.
elf Cosmetics Nail Polish in Nude – As much as I like having fun nails, sometimes it’s nice to wear a muted color. This is a pinky brown nude, and although it’s not a true nude for me as I’m pretty pale, it’s a flattering color regardless.
Essie Mint Candy Apple – I can’t get enough of this color. I love mint, and this shade is perfect. Mint nails are my go-to no matter the time of year, and I think this particular polish is good for summer because the hint of blue just says “summer!” to me.
Revlon Parfumerie in Pink Pineapple – When I was younger, I was obsessed with scented nail polish. When I saw this in store, I was intrigued but skeptical, because I didn’t really think the scent would be so true to the name or I figured it wouldn’t be good quality. I’m glad I tried it, because it totally proved me wrong. The color is a really pretty pale pink, and the scent smells exactly what I’d imagine a pink pineapple to smell like. It makes me want to sip a fruity drink on the beach.
Maybelline Color Show in Shocking Seas – I think the name is fitting for this color, because the color does remind me of the sea. I’ve also been really impressed by this collection of nail polishes, because they’re really affordable and come in so many fun colors and glitters and other embellishments. I’ve had a lot of fun playing around with them and have to say they’re pretty decent quality, especially for the price.
What’s your go-to nail polish color for summer?
Yesterday I wrote about my 5 Summer Beauty Favorites, but I wanted to change it up and talk about books today. I have always loved reading, ever since I was really young. When I was a kid, I would always have my nose buried in a book. It’s a little harder to find time to read nowadays, but I always try to make some time for it because it’s really relaxing.
Here are my favorite summer books:
1. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling – I love Mindy. I think she’s hilarious and talented. This book is a really fun read about her life, which feels very much like a best friend talking to you. It’s a quick and entertaining read.
2. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll – This book always makes me think of summer with the garden and flowers. It’s definitely an interesting read, and I’m sure many have already read it, but I’d say it’s worth a reread.
3. The Very Best of Charles de Lint by Charles de Lint – Charles de Lint has been one of my favorite authors since I was a young teenager. It’s so hard to narrow down my favorite book of his, so a “best of” book is a perfect introduction into his writing style and the characters I’ve grown to love. His books are urban fantasy and add a touch of magic to everyday life (a common thread in my favorite books).
4. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – Honestly, you could sub in any Harry Potter book because they’re all amazing, in my opinion, but definitely start with the first if you somehow haven’t read the series yet! Though I think the Harry Potter series is perfect for any time of year, the books generally start in the summertime and will take you on an immersive experience the whole way through.
5. Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen – I can’t get enough of this author’s books. They combine whimsical magic into everyday life and always have a very eclectic group of characters that are lovable and entertaining. Lost Lake is the perfect summer read as it takes place at a lakeside cabin retreat and is filled with summer activities like cookouts, dancing, romance, and a bit of mystery. I highly recommend it.
Which books are you looking forward to reading this summer?
While to some summer is about getting a tan, summer to me is about enjoying the weather and fun activities, but still protecting my skin. I definitely embrace summery scents and colors, but it’s a plus when a product also has some added sun protection! Here are my five favorite summer beauty products.
1. Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-in Conditioner – I have curly hair and this is a nice detangler. It claims to protect against the sun and is like a “sun screen for your hair”, which is definitely an added bonus.
2. Pur~lisse Pur~Protect Essential Daily Moisturizer – I’ve been lucky to get several samples of this in various beauty subscriptions. I like it because it moisturizes and has SPF 30, but it doesn’t feel heavy.
3. Baby Lips Lip Balm in Quenched – This has been my go-to lip balm for a while now. I put it under some of my more drying lipsticks and it works like a charm. I also wear it if I’m going out quick to run some errands. It has SPF 20.
4. Pink Quartz Minerals Bronzer in Rio Glow – Pink Quartz Minerals has been a long time favorite of mine since I discovered their Etsy store. This bronzer is perfect and fun for summer and has some gold shimmer.
5. Essie Nail Polish in Haute as Hello – I love a coral nail for summer, and this is the perfect shade. I’ve had this for a while and I keep coming back to it around summertime.
What are your favorite summer beauty products?
January went by really fast for me! Did it for anyone else? I put together a quick selection of my favorites for the month of January.
Curly Wurly Shampoo from Lush – Once I learned how to use this (as it doesn’t lather in your hands easily, and is a different consistency than any other shampoo I’ve used before) I was hooked! It smells like delicious coconut, and it keeps my curls looking very nice.
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul – This is a gorgeous light pink shade. I normally rock a bold lip, but this is a nice muted color, perfect for everyday wear.
First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen – I normally only include beauty products in my favorites, but why not change it up a bit? My favorite author, Sarah Addison Allen, released a new book in January and I have been instantly hooked, just like on every one of her other books. It perfectly combines modern living with a whimsical and magical touch. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something new to read.
What products have you been loving lately?
December seemed to fly by so quickly! With holiday plans and prep, I didn’t have much time to relax. However, I did find some time to unwind and added a few new favorites to my collection.
Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette – I have pretty pale skin, so finding products for highlighting and contouring can be a challenge. This palette is perfect! The colors are light enough and shimmery and add a nice soft glow to my skin.
Lush D’Fluff Shaving Soap – This product is sweet smelling and moisturizing and is so much more pleasant to use than other shaving creams or a bar of soap.
Revlon Parfumerie Nail Enamel in Pink Pineapple – I remember having scented nail polish as a kid and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. As an adult, I was a bit skeptical. With a bit of nudging from my husband, I decided to give it a go and I’m glad I did. Not only is it a very sweet pink color, the scent is exactly how you would imagine pink pineapple would smell. It’s light and sweet and not overpowering.
Zoya MatteVelvet Red Lipstick – This item was quite a surprise. I ordered Zoya’s mystery box on Cyber Monday, having never tried their polishes before but always wanting to. I thought it was a perfect way to get to try some. I had no idea they made lipstick, but this easily became a new favorite shade. It’s a nice cool-toned red and lasts a long time.
This is my first post of the new year, so I’d just like to say Happy New Year to everyone. I’m excited to see where this year takes us.
I’ve always liked watching monthly favorites videos from YouTubers, so I thought it’d be fun to feature some monthly favorites on my blog! November has been all about finding the perfect lip color, and keeping nice and moisturized in the dry, cold weather.
1 – Maybelline Color Show nail polish in Gilded Rose. I saw this polish from afar and knew I needed it. It’s such a pretty color! It has fine gold glitter as the base and beautiful light pink bigger pieces of glitter. It covers pretty well (though you’d have to do a few coats to get full opacity.) I prefer to layer it over another color (it looks good with nearly every color, seriously!)
2 – Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Adore. I was on the hunt for the perfect fall/winter lip color, and finally found this! It’s a long lasting, buildable burgundy shade, with tiny gold flecks of shimmer.
3 – Maybelline Color Elixir in Vision in Violet. I have been obsessed with the purple lip trend lately. This color is bold, fun, and exactly what I was looking for. I think it’s the perfect balance between a warm and cool purple.
4 – The Body Shop Coconut Oil Hair Shine. This is perfect for curly hair to tame frizz and add some nice shine. A little goes a long way, and I love the coconut scent.
5 – Purlisse Pur-Protect Moisturizer SPF 30. I received a sample of this from a makeup subscription, and it turned into my favorite moisturizer. It’s light and the SPF 30 is a nice bonus.
What are some products you’ve been loving lately?